Thursday, June 7, 2012

RR Autograph Auction Ferdinand I of the Two Sicilies


Reigned variously over Naples, Sicily, and the Two Sicilies from 1759 until his death. LS in French, signed “Ferdinand T.B.,” one page, 7.5 x 9, January 17, 1779. Ferdinand announces the birth of a daughter. In full (translated): “I hasten to announce to your Majesty the happy accouchement of the Queen, my dear wife, who this day, at five o’clock in the morning, gave birth to a Princess, who is baptised Marie Christine. I hope that your Majesty will share with me the joy of this agreeable event, and I flatter myself that you will believe in the sincerity of my wishes for your prosperity, and of the perfect esteem which I am…” Central horizontal and vertical fold, a few creases and edge dings, and a bit of light toning and soiling, otherwise fine condition. Ferdinand’s wife gave birth to two daughters that day, Maria Cristina, who would go on to serve as Queen of Sardinia, and Maria Cristina Amelia, who would die of smallpox at the age of five. RRAuction COA.  

http://rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=208

No comments:

Post a Comment