Saturday, February 9, 2013

RR Auction Bob Marley Ink Signature


Ink signature, “All the best, Bob Marley,” on an off-white 3.5 x 2 card affixed to a 6.5 x 4 off-white card. A few minor creases, a bit of light soiling, and a punch hole to top edge, otherwise fine condition. Accompanied by a letter of provenance from the original recipient of the signature, obtained backstage at a concert at the 1980 Garden Party at Crystal Palace Bowl in London on June 7, 1980, which reads, in part: “I was one of a hand full [sic] of people who decided to swim the lake to the front of the stage…At the end of the concert as I was so close, I took my chance and went to the side of the stage and found a way in to the VIP area backstage…I spotted Bob on his way out so asked a man next to me if he had anything I could get an autograph on as I was still rather wet from being in the water. He handed me a piece of card and went towards Marley. He seemed to be in a hurry to get away so did not stop for long.” Also accompanied by two photos from the event, one of the recipient identifying himself in a photo of the front of the stage, and another of Marley backstage, Pre-certified Roger Epperson/REAL and RR Auction COA.

No comments:

Post a Comment